Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Poetry Quest #2

We had been given the assignment called Poetry Quest. I have chosen a poet named Emily Dickinson and had also chosen four poems "Nature" Is What We See , A Bird Came Down, "Why do I Love" You. Sir  and another poem called A Book.

Emily Dickinson is born in Amherst, Massachusetts on December 10, 1830. She was prolific private poet and her first 1800 poems were created in her life. When she died in 1886 her younger sister found all of her poems. And all of her poems were published by  Thomas Wentworth Higginson in 1890 four years after she had passed. 

All of the poems by Emily Dickinson are the simaliar because they played  a movie in my mind and they are also the same because she expressed her own feeling in her own thoughts and words. I noticed that she really likes nature because in every poem she has at least one thing about nature and things that she is interested in.

The things that are different about these poems. First they are about different poems and in each poem she talks bout why she likes it and why it is important to her. And in every different poem she has like a thought that she has about that subject.

My favorite poem out of all these poems is A Bird Came Down. I like this poem because of this verse                 "He glanced with rapid eyes." And I like this verse because it is how the bird looked at the poet.

-Firedragon23



1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent post. I love that you linked to the poems and shared some great thinking. What I'd like to see are examples and quotes from the actual poems to back up your thinking.

    ReplyDelete