Monday, November 5, 2012

Poetry Quest #5

    I finished my job on Poetry Quest #5. I found the top tree poems that I liked. I found the book at my school Library. And the book is called My Dog May Be Genius.

I chose my favorite poem and here is.

I Do Not Like November
I do not like November.
November is not fun.
I do not mind the other months,
But I truly dread this one.

It is the month we celebrate
Thanksgiving in our land.
Alas, I am a turkey-
perhaps you understand.

I chose this poem because it is November. I like this poem because I like turkeys. And I feel bad if I were a turkey and I got eaten, but I would still be delicious. I found the Poetic Elements the author of this poem used repetition, personification, lines, and stanzas.


Here is a poem I thought was a great poem
I thought I saw
I thought I saw a BBBBBBBBBBB
dive into the CCCCCCC.
Could I believe my own II?
I'm not sure, I'm not YY.

I chose this poem because because instead of using words the poet used letters that are like homophones to each other like Bee and B are homophones to each other. And another example that the poet used is Sea is a homophone the the letter C. The poetic elements that the poet used is lines, stanza, repetition, and the last is hyperbole.


I found another poem that I like but it was the third most favorite poem in this book.

I Peered in the Mirror
I peered in the mirror,
the mirror fell down.
I glanced at my shadow,
it sped out of town.

I watched my reflection
swim off to sea-
there's something peculiar
today about me.

I chose this poem for two reasons, the first reason is because it is just funny and I like things that are funny and that can't happen in real life. And the second reason is it is just I poem that I really like the part I like the most about this poem is where it says that the reflection swam off to sea. The poetic elements are lines, stanzas, personification, and finally hyperbole.

-Firedragon23

5 comments:

  1. I do not know whether it's just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing problems with your website. It appears like some of the written text in your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This could be a problem with my web browser because I've had
    this happen previously. Kudos
    Feel free to surf my blog - www.harveyjohn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On some computers that appears to look like the text is going off the screen.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete