Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Mockingjay project

Dear world,

The Mockingjay pin.
We are doing something different in class for guided reading we are going to do something that Charles found at a blog called the Mockingjay Project. But we are not going to do it with the book The Mockingjay we don't really know the book yet. Charles one of my classmates found this blog on comments for kids. On this blog there are multiple students blogs which I believe are eighth grade. They used a tool on these blog in which they created their own characters. And they could either record their own voices or they could write text. This tool was called Voki and I am not one hundred percent sure. I am really excited about what we are going to do, what we are going to use, and what book we are going to read for this assignment. I will though finish blogging about Flush until I finish. But I will be only posting them at home and writing them at home.


3 comments:

  1. Fire,
    I like how you have pointed out some special/important areas like how Charles had found out the Mockingjay Project. Knowing that you want to do this, we might as well all want to do this too. But, I recommend telling us your favorite tribute. Can you tell us why you liked it? Keep it up on the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dragon Kid,
    I like how you put a link to Voki and the class room web site! The only thing is that you need to get permission from Gold Dragon to put his actual name online. I asked him and he told me to always use Gold Dragons and you can change that. If you change that this is a really good post! Keep up the good work!

    *Topaz*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bernadette I am really impressed with the thinking you are doing in these blog posts. I am trying to get my class of 8-9 year olds to write really constructive comments for one another's writing. http://springstonteamendeavour.blogspot.co.nz/
    VOKI is a great tool for verbally sharing. If you have iPads then photobabble can give an image with up to 5 minutes talking. We are going to experiment with making book review movies on iMovie next term - that could be another way to share your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete